THIS NEWLY BUILT LOG CABIN on the Little River is designed to give you the peace and contentment you've dreamed about! Located in Alleghany County in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains and surrounded by forest, it's sure to capture your heart and soul.
This two-story log home compliments the rugged outdoors, while providing you with the comforts and conveniences of a fine home. Central heat and air conditioning assures maximum comfort throughout the year. A corner gas-log fireplace in living room adds charm and extra warmth on those cool nights. The tin roof produces a sound during a rainy day or night that will surely give you an incredible nap or night's sleep.
Tranquility Unlimited features a living/dining room, kitchen, bedroom (with a queen bed), bath and laundry on first floor. The well-equipped kitchen has a Jennaire gas range with regular or convection oven, microwave, and dishwasher.
The second floor has a loft with futon, bedroom (double bed), bath with Jacuzzi and separate shower.
The 10-by-30-foot covered front porch overlooking the Little River includes a swing and rockers so you can enjoy the sounds of nature and watch the river roll on. A 10-by-28-foot deck at the back of the cabin invites you to light up the charcoal grill for a relaxing meal while you watch the birds and squirrels scamper about.
You will agree that Tranquility Unlimited is tastefully and comfortably decorated with new and antique furniture designed to make you feel right at home.
If you want a quiet retreat where you can renew your spirit and enjoy the pleasures that nature provides, Tranquility Unlimited is the place for you.
Find out for yourself what some of our other guests have already discovered:
"Beautiful cabin in beautiful surroundings."
"We go back to 'the city' renewed and refreshed. This is really a little piece of heaven on earth."
"Your cabin is wonderful. I love the decorations. It was just great for our 35th wedding anniversary"
These special amenities will help assure a memorable stay at Tranquility Unlimited.
• Gated road for complete privacy
• Cable TV & VCRs in both living room and loft, along with a video library
• CD and tape player in loft with CDs and tapes
• Bed and bath linens furnished
• Wall-mounted hair dryers in bathrooms
• Personal soap/shampoo and shower caps provided
• Plush bath robes whisper "relax"
• Warm flannel sheets in cold weather
• Washer and dryer
Want to Relax?
• Soothe away those pains in the Jacuzzi
• Snooze in the hammock by the river
• Rock in one of the rockers on the 10-by-30-foot front porch overlooking the river
• Watch a video classic from Tranquility's video library
• Listen to cassette tapes or CDs from our library or bring your own music
• Hike or bicycle on the nearby Blue Ridge Parkway
• Trout fish (license required) in the river (bring your own fishing gear)
• Go antique hunting at several local antique shops
• Play a round of golf at one of our extraordinary local golf courses
• Canoe the nearby New River — the oldest river on the US continent
• Visit the Ashe Country Cheese Factory in West Jefferson, NC
• Shop at any of our local pottery shops
• Go square dancing at Burgiss Barn or Mountain Jamboree
• Dine at one of our fine local restaurants
• Visit our local winery Chateau Laurinda
Open year round, Tranquility Unlimited is designed and equipped to accommodate a maximum of four adults. Any other arrangements must receive prior approval.
$135 Nightly; $800 Weekly
• Two-night minimum stay required
• Nightly rates apply to any rental other than full week rentals
• Weekly rentals are from Sunday to Sunday
• Unless prior arrangements have been made, check-in is no earlier than 3 p.m. and check-out no later than 11 a.m. day of departure
• A 50% deposit is required to hold your reservation, balance upon arrival
• Personal checks, traveler's checks and cash accepted
• Credit will be applied toward next visit for cancellations received two or more more weeks prior to scheduled visit
• Smoking outside only
• Sorry, no pets allowed