Exceptional Lodging in the shadows of the Blue Ridge Mountains
Standing on the side of Bald Knob Mountain, Tommy Thompson saw the crest of the Blue Ridge in the distance and acres of farm land spill out below him. This retiree, who spent a lifetime behind a desk in the mortgage and real estate business, immediately knew that he had found the piece of real estate he had been seeking.
This is a pastoral wonderland that can be your retreat in the Blue Ridge Mountains.
Close by is the country’s premier scenic byway, the Blue Ridge
Parkway, with it’s natural and historic wonders; and the New River —
reputed to be world’s second oldest river. It is a popular canoeing and
tubing venue as well as an attraction for fishermen (and women) eager to accept the challenge of the musky and small-mouth bass that inhabit its waters.
Red Roof Farm is located just south of the Virginia border and
there are a number of North Carolina and Virginia state parks within
easy driving distance.
A cozy seat around the the living room fireplace will take the chill off cool mountain
Rates and Requirements
• $85 per night plus tax
• Rates are for double occupancy. Maximum six people; $5/night for each additional person
• Two-night minimum stay
• One night’s deposit required to hold reservation
• No smoking indoors
• Rates are subject to change
A picture of Red Roof Farm host, Tommy Thompson, feeding some of his horses
Things To Do at Red Roof Farm
• Fish one of the ponds.
• Watch the livestock (horses, including miniature horses and a donkey).
• Feed the ducks and geese.
• Sit on the porch and do absolutely nothing.
• Blue Ridge Parkway
• Stone Mountain State Park
• New River State Park
• Grayson Highland State Park
• White Top Mountain
• Bike the New River Trail
• Bike the Virginia Creeper Trail
• Blue Ridge Music Center concerts
• Shop antique stores
• Enjoy traditional music, square dancing
• Living Room with propane fireplace
• Sleeps six: Master bedroom with queen bed and bathroom; 2 twin beds in second bedroom; plus sleeper sofa.
• Completely equipped kitchen
• Satellite television
• Gas Grill on large, covered rear deck
• Linens (towels, sheets, blankets, etc.)
• Homemade zucchini bread and coffee
• Sassy Cats Bears and Friends has gifts and collectables on display and for sale in the cabin
Red Roof Farm
For availability information or to make a reservation: